9.20.2010

More Progress....

As with most weekends, I didn't complete NEARLY as much as I would have liked....but we made progress nonetheless!  The yard sale went off without a hitch and we were pretty successful.  We definitely didn't get rid of everything, but what we didn't sell is being picked up by the Vietnam Vets this week to be donated (other than a few bigger items).  It feels good to have a clean(er) and more organized basement and garage.  B even moved his work bench and tools out into the garage (from the basement) to free up more space down there for storage.  We have a long way to go, but its a start. 

Also this weekend, we were able to paint the side door to the house.  I used Rustoleum's Painter's Touch paint in black and it is coming out nicely.....but I've already done three coats and it looks like it might need one more.  The door is made out of some sort of metal/composite (which this paint claims to be perfect for) so I'm hoping that the fourth coat will get it done! 

Here's the transformation (if you can even call it that)!!


B also added some molding around the door and re-installed the doorbell.  We have some work to do on the bottom piece (not sure how to do that one) and maybe a little filler piece at the top.  Hopefully we will get to that this week though.  My parents also came over to help out with the yard sale and my mom ended up doing some much needed weeding around the front of the house.  You can see a little of that in the pictures above.  She is such a rockstar!!!  Again, lots of work left to do, but we are slowly chipping away at it.  It's actually nice to see all the small little changes along the way!  It makes the final reveal feel not so far away!

More to come....


1 comment:

  1. I followed Remodelaholic over here and I love your blog. Your projects are amazing and I love all the transformations. So I decided to follow. I can't wait to see what comes next.

    ReplyDelete