11.23.2010

Deck Reveal

Ok...it's finally here folks.  I braved the jungle that is our backyard this morning and captured a few shots of the deck in its final form (well final until the spring when I plan to stain/seal it)!  I know you have all been waiting with bated breath, so without further ado......[drumroll please].....







I apologize for the dreary photos, but the weather has not been cooperating in the morning and that's the only time I have to take these shots!!  Sorry!! 

We still have some work left to do in the spring, mostly planting around the deck base, staining or sealing (whichever we choose to do), building a planter to go next to the small set of stairs on the extension deck, and re-seeding the grass in the backyard, but I am really happy with the progress so far!!  And I still can't believe that B did all of this (with the help of our dads and friends Liam and Andrew, of course!!!)  I wish summer would come back a little faster so we can enjoy the new deck....but I guess I don't want to make time go by any faster.  It does that just fine on its own!!

So, here is a little recap of where we were and where we have come:








Crazy!  I am so proud of you, B!  Now, if we could just find some affordable patio furniture ("affordable" being the operative word) we would be GOLDEN!  I have been looking for MONTHS though and can't seem to find anything that I like for a decent price.  I have considered both wrought iron (I always type "rod" first and then realize that I am TOTALLY wrong) and teak, but full sets run upwards of $1,000 - $2,000!  EEEK!  I have now become a craigslist patio furniture stalker.  Every morning I check to see if someone wants to get rid of their AWESOME patio furniture and sell it to me for peanuts.  No luck so far, but I'm not giving up just yet! 

So there you have it, our DIY deck project!  What do you think?  Has anyone else out there built or are in the process of building a deck or patio?  I would love to hear your story and see what your plans are for staining or sealing it...or any tips you might have on patio furniture!! 

And I'll be back tomorrow with some thanksgiving-related thoughts!  I can't believe it's already here!! 

1 comment:

  1. So much for the empty and dull jungle backyard. It's now a place where you can hangout and spend night outs. Of course, there’s still a lot to do then, but I assume it’s fully completed now. So how did your furniture stalking go? Dennis @ Schafer Construction, Inc. =)

    ReplyDelete