2.03.2011

After some thinking....

We're going to stay put for a while.  No more house-hunting or running numbers on mortgage rates.  Well, before I go any further....if you're a bit lost at the moment, check out this post a few weeks back where I shared my CRAZY idea to sell our house and move a few streets over to a bigger house.  I suppose it's not exactly CRAZY to think that we will eventually need more space to grow our family (and potentially house my parents for a few months a year during their retirement), but it is not exactly something that we NEED to worry about for quite some time. 

My new revelation came about this past weekend when I was home alone while B was travelling for work.  I had a few errands to run and places to go both days, but for the most part I was vegging around the house.  And it all just felt right.  I felt cozy and comfortable, and most importantly, safe.  I knew that if I needed anything, I could just swing by one of my neighbors houses and they would gladly lend a hand or an ear.  I also spent a lot of time just absorbing the environment.  We have been so busy since we've moved in that I hadn't taken much time to really stop and smell the roses.....or in this case, the fresh paint.  It felt like home.  It felt like ours.  And it felt good.  Everything is where we want it and we are happy.  So why mess with success, right?  If we need more space in a few years, then we can explore our options at that point.  For now, though, we are going to sit tight and ENJOY the house that we created together.  So I apologize for the fire drill a few weeks back.  Maybe it was hormones or food poisoning....or all the snow...but I assure you that there will be no more talk of moving for quite some time.

1 comment:

  1. You made me LOL with the term "fire drill". I think it's great that you realized you're not ready NOW rather than after you made an offer on a house, or bought one and moved in!

    I think sometimes it's not until you think about moving that you really realize all the things you love about where you already live!

    ReplyDelete