5.26.2011

Trash to Treasure Update

The sun finally returned to Boston after a much-too-long hiatus and I can't tell you how happy I am.  In fact, everyone seems happier.  After 14 straight days of rain, a bit of a depression was starting to set in around the city.  Unfortunately I'm stuck inside my office all day, but hopefully I will be able to get out and enjoy the weather during my lunch break!  But the real reason I'm talking about the weather is because I was FINALLY able to take a picture of what I've done so far with the "trash" that I found at the transfer station a few weeks ago (check here for more information on that).  The lighting had been limited non-existent for so long that I wasn't able to capture it until this morning.  The pictures aren't great, since they are just from my iPhone, but at least this will give you an idea of the space until I can do a full post of the transformation. 

If you recall, the table looked like this when I picked it up at the dump....




Not too shabby, if I might say so, but it definitely needed some accessorizing.  So I grabbed some items from around the house and took a quick spin to Home Goods to supplement anything missing.  I ended up with some $19.99 artwork and a $6.99 ceramic bird (LOVE!).......so for under $30 I was able to update this blank spot.  I still need to find something for the adjacent wall (to the right) but I can't seem to find anything that is the right scale (since its a 6' stretch of bare wall from floor to ceiling.  Take a look at what we have so far and let me know if you have any suggestions....




It's pretty simple, but that is kind of the theme around our casa, so I wanted to keep things consistent.  I'm sure I will change up the little vignette every once in a while, but I think it works for the time being.  And even though the blank space to the right still bothers me, I feel better about it after this mini-transformation.  At least the corner isn't entirely empty like it used to be (well....except for when our christmas tree took up residence there for almost two full months....she was a survivor!).   For now, I'm enjoying the simple set-up and scheming (more than normal) about how to fill the rest of the space.  Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions would be more than welcome!!

So that's it so far for my trash to treasure transformation.  And although I didn't have to do anything to the table (which is always more rewarding) this time around, it still feels nice to fill up some space in the room for FREE (well, except for the giclee prints and the bird....isn't he adorable)!!!  Can't beat that price. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment